The nerves are a problem on trumpet, because when you mess up everyone can hear it. Just remember most people are too polite to say anything about it. That should calm your nerves.
— Wynton Marsalis
Want to learn more about the best ways to practice? Get an e-mail with a discount code when The Practice of Practice by Jonathan Harnum is published (June, 2014). To learn more about the book, check out a sample from The Practice of Practice.
- 12 Rules of Practice, from Wynton Marsalis (intentionalpractice.wordpress.com)
- Wynton Marsalis – Black Codes From The Underground (jazzbluesreview.com)
- Wynton Marsalis – A Trumpeter’s Lullaby (euzicasa.wordpress.com)
- Calm Your Nerves With Relaxation Exercises (everydayhealth.com)
- Wadada Leo Smith: AACM Trumpeter, Pulitzer Finalist (talkingtrumpet.wordpress.com)