Radiolab is one of my favorite podcasts: smart, funny, thoughtful, and at times mindbending. All artfully mixed and mastered into great storytelling that teaches. Here’s an episode on music and the brain that should be required listening for musicians. Covers music and the brain, music and language, sound as touch, and musical DNA. Hope you like it as much as I did.
Want to learn more about the best ways to practice? Get an e-mail with a discount code when The Practice of Practice by Jonathan Harnum is published (June, 2014). To learn more about the book, check out a sample from The Practice of Practice.
- How Does the Brain Make Me Me? (huntermindfulness.com)
- Your Brain on Music (fMRI) (talkingtrumpet.wordpress.com)
- Early music lessons boost brain development (sciencedaily.com)
- Jad Abumrad: Why “Gut Churn” Is an Essential Part of the Creative Process (99u.com)
- Radiolab (paradelle.wordpress.com)