Joy in looking and comprehending is Nature’s most beautiful gift.
It can be tough to find a great present for a trumpet player if you don’t play the instrument yourself and know what might be useful or helpful. Look no further! Here are some suggestions for some of the best gear available to help take the skills and enjoyment of the trumpet player in your life to the next level. If that trumpet player is yourself, so much the better! Get yourself a present if nobody else will do it for you. 🙂 Happy holidays!
I’ve got one of these, and it saves me from frustrated neighbors and family members who simply don’t want to hear the B harmonic minor scale patterns for the thousandth time (no exaggeration). It allows you to hear yourself (with reverb if you want) and you can pump in mp3 or CD sounds to play along with as well, all quietly in the comfort of your own head. Combine this with the headphones below and you won’t come out of your practice room for days!
The Bubble Mute ($68)
This is, by far, THE best-sounding Harmon-style mute out there. It’s got a warm rich sound without the stem in, and great wah-wah sound with the stem in. The copper gives an even warmer, richer tone than the aluminum model.
Every musician I’ve interviewed (all of them stellar players) records themselves during practice and performance in order to evaluate how well they’re doing, how their tone matches what they think it should be, and whether they’ve achieved the goals they’ve set for themselves. Recording yourself is essential to getting better. Here’s a great way to record yourself and anything else with great fidelity and superb quality. Easily download files to your computer.
Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (3 customer reviews)
The HD 448 allows you to get closer to your music and movies without distractions. Using specially tuned acoustic transducers, the HD 448 reproduces clean, intimate sound waves directly into your ears for a lifelike sound that helps you rediscover your music all over again. The leatherette earpads block out ambient noise, allowing you to listen at safer levels with a much greater attention to the enhanced detail this headphone provides. The includedcable extension adds length on-demand for listening on-the-move or at home.
- Closed, around-the-ear design blocks outside noise
- Good attenuation of ambient noise
- Lifelike stereo sound experience
- ergonomic design provides comfortable fit
- Includes a storage pouch and extension cable for added length and protection
- Rich crisp bass response and faithful dynamic audio reproduction
- Advanced acoustic system with powerful neodymium magnets and lightweight diaphragms
- Powerful bass and increased signal levels for modern rhythm-driven music
- Gold Plated plugs and 6.3mm stereo adaptor allows for excellent connectivity
- 2-year warranty
Trumpet Stand ($20)
- The 5-leg base provides maximum stability for the instrument.
- The detachable metal leg base screws into the peg so that the entire unit may be stored in the bell of the instrument for easy transport.
- The black plastic peg with felt pads to protect the instrument.
- 13.5″ X 18-3/4″. Bookplate, rolled edges for safety and strength
- Angle adjustment tension knobs, easy removal from upper shaft
- Friction locking knobs, 1-3/16″ center shaft, adjustments fully extend shafts from 24″ to 45″ and anywhere in between
- Hi-impact plastic leg housing, friction locking knobs, Leg support straps, non-slip rubber feet, variable spreading legs
- Product Dimensions: 25 x 4.2 x 14.2 inches ; 8.6 pounds
Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars (124 customer reviews)
- Special music filters offering outstanding sound quality
- Very comfortable
- Very compact and hardly visible in the ear
- The Classic model contains 2 filters and 1 pair of earplugs.
- Hygenic storage and travel box ensures that the earplugs are protected and always carried with you
Hearing Protection ($20)
Protect your musician’s hearing. Playing music, even if you’re a classical musician (many professional woodwind players wear hearing protection b/c they sit in front of brass players), is essential.