Smile–it’s the second best thing you can do with your lips. ~Anonymous
This Chapter Covers:
- Regular slurs,
- what is a lip slur?
- Lip slur techniques,
- lip slur exercises,
- lip slur method books.
Terms to Know:
- lip slur: The technique of moving from one note to another note that shares the same fingering without using the tongue-strike.
- oral cavity: The space inside your mouth and throat. Used to affect the sound you get on the horn.
Resources for Chapter 9:
- Images from CH 9 (click for larger image):
- ….. 9.1: Lip slur and regular slur
- …..9.2: Downward lip slurs
- …..9.3: More lip downward lip slurs, slightly larger interval
- …..9.5: Upward lip slurs
- …..9.6: Large interval lip slurs
- Video Lessons:
- …..regular slur
- …..small interval lip slur
- …..large interval lip slur
- …..simple 2-note slur pattern (scale variation)
- The Practice of Practice: a blog on music practice.
- April 2010 giveaway #1: a free digital copy of Sound the Trumpet: How to Blow Your Own Horn
- Free mp3 examples from the book
- Trumpet method books (including the lip-slur books mentioned here)
- —–27 Groups of Exercises
- Buy a hard copy of Sound the Trumpet
- Other free printable practice aids
- April 2010 giveaway #2: Free digital copy of Basic Music Theory: How to Read, Write, and Understand Written Music
- Buy a hard copy of my book Basic Music Theory