The first podcast contains an overview of all that’s in the book.
Hello! Welcome to the podcast site for Sound the Trumpet: How to Blow Your Own Horn by me, Jonathan Harnum. The book is read in its entirety (complete with embedded sound examples). As a bonus, I’ve added new information not covered in the book to reflect my current thinking and experience based on an extra five years of teaching, playing, listening, research and learning while earning my music education PhD at Northwestern University. This is the most up-to-date version of the book. Stay tuned for new chapters weekly or sooner. I hope you find this information valuable and that it helps you with your own practice.
- April 2010 giveaway #1: a free digital copy of Sound the Trumpet: How to Blow Your Own Horn
- Free mp3 examples from the book
- Buy a hard copy of Sound the Trumpet
- Other free printable practice aids
- April 2010 giveaway #2: Free digital copy of Basic Music Theory: How to Read, Write, and Understand Written Music
- Buy a hard copy of my book Basic Music Theory